JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, May 18, 2007

may two-four

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well, that was the favourite phrase
When it was "May Two-Four"
About 15-20 years ago

For my Yankee readers
"May Two-Four" weekend
Refers to the long weekend here in Canada
That celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday
Officially titled "Victoria Day"

BUT
Because Canadians
Like to put a beer angle
On everything
And because most Canadians
Down a case of beer this weekend
(1 Case = 24 beers a.k.a. "A Two-Four"
We've honored the memory
Of a dead queen
With Beer

That's what we do up here :)

But, now, there is no 'woohoooo"in'
Coming from this tired Mom's mouth
I'm afraid

Just a smile
That I get to enjoy
The sunny long weekend with my kids
Watching fireworks
Having BBQ's

And yes, downing a beer or two

Sadly, my "two-four" downing
Days are over....

Happy May Two-Four
Fellow Canucks

Happy weekend
My Yankee friends :)

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

That's exactly the way to sum it up. LOL

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm, I remember drinking a beer for each year of my life (starting at 18--the legal age of intoxication way back when). I stopped after my 25th bday. That was a day, night, morning that I have no memory of...

Enjoy the time with the family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home