JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

3 blind mice

So, we spot Mama mouse
Scurry on the deck
And hide in the BBQ cover
That always sits in a lump
ON the deck
Instead of ON the BBQ
(A combination of being lazy
and bbqing pretty much every day)

Hub then lifts the cover up
No Mama
But 3 youngin's tumble out
Onto the deck

Tiny
Pink
Blind, still
Just fresh out
Of their Mama's mouse oven
I'd say 2 days
At the most

Mama is gone

So I run and get an old t-shirt
Pick up the 3 blind mice
And wrap'em up
And return them to the same spot
That their BBQ cover home was

Nerdy me
Even called the pet store
To see if they could offer me
Some advice

They didn't know

So, all evening
I crossed my fingers
Looked out at the
Cozy t-shirt makeshift home
Hoping Mickey & Minnie & Mighty
Were ok in there
And that Mama would sniff them out
and return to get them

The next morning
I send Hub out to check
Just cuz if they were still in there
I didn't want to see them again

They weren't :)
Mama appeared to have found them
And wisked them away to safety

I've been telling myself
That if it were someone OTHER
Than their Mama who found them
Then the t-shirt would have been
Dishevelled

It wasn't
So I've convinced myself
They are back with her....

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

You are braver than I.... mice eeeek.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

TOOOO funny. Yesterday I added a new cat toy to our site, the name? Three Blind Mice. When I saw this I just about kicked...

Good luck with the infestation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home