JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, April 15, 2005

me time

I sure have a hard time sometime
Getting some ME time

It feels as though I'm 'ON'
24/7
And sometimes I break down
Just 'cuz I'm tired, mostly

Complaining? Nah
Just sayin'
Just thinkin'

I used to be all about "ME" time
Now it isn't, but I wouldn't change it for the world, either.
It's all about her.
EVERYTHING is about her.

Her smile.
Her giggle.
Her deep sigh when she's finally comfy in slumber.
The way she says "topoch" for 'ketchup'
The way she holds her hand out and says "STOP"
Just the way I taught her when she reaches the street..
The way she says 'shit' quietly after she's heard me say it,
Then holds up her finger and says "Bad word"
Even the way she opens her mouth
And lets her green beans roll out
When she's had enough

I can't help but laugh
And smile as my heart overflows
I can't help but hug her at least 200 times a day

Wait a sec....
She IS my 'ME" time

She's what I've been waiting for my whole life.

She's only been my 'ME' time for 20 months

She completes me
(To shamelessly quote jerry mcguire...I can be a loser)
But really, she does.

From my heart on out

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

That is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home