JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, March 06, 2006

nesting

It has begun...
Earlier than last time

What am I doing today?

Going through baby bedding
Washing it all
Putting it in the crib
(Not bumper-pads, though
As it's better to keep those out
My visiting nurse said
The last time)
Folding the rest nicely
Placing in baby's closet
Washing the 30 odd
Newborn - 3month sleepers
Folding
Placing in dresser
Stocking my little tabletop baskets
With Pampers Swaddlers
Wipes and Vaseline

Sigghhhhh...

Just setting things up
In case we go early
You never know
Better to be all set

Where am I getting my energy?
Not sure
But I have a ton of it
For some odd reason

This pregnancy has been so different
From my first
Maybe because I'm too busy
With my 2.5 year old to notice

I am carrying differently
With my first I was just big and fat
LOL
With this one
It's as though I have a soccerball
Under my shirt
That's it
Last appointment
I had only gained 15lbs
I gained almost 40 total
The last time

It wasn't pretty
I remember the weirdest feeling
Was after she came out
Your belly is all floppy and flimpsy
And hangs there for a few days

Nice.

So, just a few more weeks
And you won't have to read
Anymore pregnancy blogs from me
You've probably had it, I know

But you have to understand
I'm a pregnant,
Stay-at-home mom
So right now
You're either going to read about
Pregnancy
Or potty-training

Just the facts,
Jack.

:D

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go check out the rumour mill and look right below your last comment....

Craig (Nicole's husband)

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Nesting is always fun! Enjoy it while you can....

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Karen said...

whoo hoo !
you are nesting big time !
any day now.....
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home