JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

being blunt

Yep
That's me
Ms. Blunt

K, so I go to my OB last week
He asks the usual
"Any problems? Concerns?"

Nope, I answer.
Just tired.

OH! I remember
"There is one thing"
I tell him

"It feels as though the baby's head
Is sitting in my crotch all the time
Sometimes the pressure is very, very uncomfortable"

So?
Remember, HE asked.

"Well," he says,
You have pushed one baby out vaginally
So your cervix is already stretched inside,
So he can nestle his head in there nicely
In other words, he can sit lower"

Ms Blunt meets Mr. Blunt
I suppose

I've mentioned this to my other girlfriends
Who have had 2 or 3 babies
And they've shared stories with me
About "feeling as though the baby's head
Is popping out"
Or "having to discreetly check
to make sure there isn't a baby
Hanging out sometimes"

OMG!
Hello?!?!????????????????

I'm happy to report
That it isn't THAT bad..

But it's good to know
That the feeling is common.

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

My daughter was experiencing the same thing you are talking about for the last 3 months of her pregnancy....it's been way too long ago for me to remember if I felt that or not...LOL....

When are you do again?? Hope you can tolerate the discomfort for the rest of your pregnancy.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I don't remember that happening to me, thank god!

Glad the boy is not hanging out already! He will be doing that soon enough. When are you due Bonn? I thought you had a ticker on here at one time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home